The VIDA Partner Program GET STARTED Guide
Before you start selling we wanted to properly introduce ourselves: VIDA empowers artists around the world by connecting them with manufacturers to bring their art to new life in the form of apparel, accessories and home products.
Our Founder and CEO, Umaimah Mendhro, always strives to make an impact. Growing up around the textile industry in Pakistan she knew the factory workers, knew how products were made, and was constantly inspired by the beauty of the products. She started VIDA to not only challenge the fashion status quo, but improve it; therefore, allowing us to create, share, and discover more beauty within our globally interconnected world.
In particular, she wants to:
- Empower artists. We give artists and creatives around the world the ability to bring their art to new life through products. Designing on our platform is free, and there's no minimum order volume required.
- Educate our makers. We provide our factory workers around the world with empowering social programs relevant to their lives. We've collaborated on literacy and basic math programs in Pakistan, women's rights education in Turkey and personal finance and banking classes in India.
- Reduce waste. We do not hold inventory, we only produce our products upon purchase to do our part to conserve our world's resources.
- Produce quality products. In partnership with VIDA artists, we create custom high-end, beautiful apparel, accessories and home decor.
Thanks again for your interest in VIDA’s Partner Program and good luck!
Welcome to the VIDA Partner Program and your VIDA Affiliate Dashboard. The VIDA Partner Program is a unique opportunity to sell beautiful, one-of-a-kind apparel and home products and earn commission on every sale.
Make sure to use your unique Referral Link as you share VIDA products with your network so we can track your sales.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!
- 10% commission on all orders made through your unique affiliate link
- The VIDA Partner Program will pay affiliates monthly
- Payments are made via PayPal.
- You have the option to receive VIDA gift cards in lieu of PayPal payments
- Self-purchasing through your affiliate link will also earn you commission!
✷ Online Only:
Blogs and websites: We will provide you with multiple banners and product images you can use for your site. These will click through your affiliate link. We will also provide you with our press which you can use to create blog and social media posts with to promote VIDA with your link. These assets can build trust in the product and increase sales.
Pinterest: You can create a Pinterest board with products and link your affiliate link. Make sure to add TONS of relevant hashtags to each pin. This is a long set up, but can net organic sales without promotions.
Instagram and twitter: Post product images and hashtag until your heart's content. Make sure to add your link as well!
Facebook: Facebook will allow you to create a page “Jane Doe VIDA affiliate.” You can create a group for you products and sales. You can post directly to your personal timeline as well. Best recommendation is to create a Facebook Group.
- When you create your group and add people, they will receive a notification each time you make ANY changes. This includes changing the images and even the name of the group. You want to be sure to create the group, and edit it exactly as you want you want before adding your contact list. Once you added everyone, you can make a post to introduce the purpose and share your products. You do not want your people to abandon the group or mute notifications. So be conscious of posting and making changes. It is best to limit to one post/change a day to remind them of your offerings without creating so many notifications they leave.
-You are in control. Share one product a day, break them down into categories, or share them all in one post! Unless they leave or mute you, all people added to the group will see your postings in their newsfeeds as you make them. You can have them message you with products they want, or comment SOLD on the product images. You can then invoice them. You can direct them to the site via your affiliate link, or create sales events in your group to promote. We want you to be successful!
-Any image is savable from the site. Select products you wish to promote and open the product images. Right click with your mouse and select “save as” to save the images for you use. We will also provide a link with downloadable images for your use.
-Grow your page/group: A lot of blogger do giveaways. Find some that use rafflecopter. Rafflecopter will require entry for the free item by liking pages or groups, ect. This is a great route! Offer a free item to get more people added to your group to see your posting and products. If they liked the free product, they might like to buy it if they do not win, or buy something else! Locate groups and pages on Facebook where you can post and promote your page/group for more sales.
-Promote our sales! If you sign up for our emails at the bottom of www.shopvida.com you will receive marketing promotions with our specials. Create posts and post to your group what the current promotions are along with your link and some images. You can also create Facebook ads to promote your product selections and set the ad to click through your affiliate link.
Emails: Affiliates with a large contact list know the potential of email marketing. We will provide you with email templates, images and verbiage. Feel free to add our email images for current promotion to your sends as well.
✸ Direct Sales: This route requires inventory.
Not everyone is interested in online only sales. Our products are high quality and stunning and sell extremely easily when in hand. You are welcome to grow your affiliate business with VIDA by purchasing inventory to re sell via any other outlets. Take advantage of our offers to reduce the cost of items. A modal scarf at 40% off is $24. You will receive your commission for the personal purchase and can re-sell any item at MSRP or higher. So when you resell the scarf purchased at $24 for $50, you receive order commissions and in hand commission at the time of sale. This is a way to increase your commission to 50 percent or even more.
- Locate local direct sales groups to find offer to participate in local pop up sales events. These events are put on by reps at charity auctions, schools, private homes and many other locations!
-Talk to local gift shops, boutiques and galleries about selling your items in their locations. You would order the products they are interested in yourself to receive your personal order commission and advise them what the cost per item would be. They can choose their resale price, as long as they are reselling at base MSRP or higher. This gives them the freedom to control the income of the item. Due to the uniqueness and quality of our items, these contracts are generally easy to make.
- Sell at a local Festivals and flea market. Most festivals have low booth rentals that you can rent over the duration of the festival. With inventory in hand, this is another route to make sales. Our products are stunning and look amazing! This makes in person sales easy.
Assets Available for you:
-Banners for website and blogs
-Images of products for use in social media posts and emails
-Promotions: ongoing and changing to encourage purchases
-Press articles including info on our company and social impact programs
-Verbiage: We will create ready-made email templates and articles for your use