Towards the last week of May 2018, we launched a design gatekeeper tool that aims to prevent insufficient resolution files from being uploaded on larger product types which results in blurry prints and/or increased lead time due to outreach cycles.
The logic behind this tool is for every design image to be measured by our software upon uploading. Every product type has a minimum requirement to be able to guarantee a good print quality.
If the uploaded file is less than the advised requirement, an error message will pop up with the following text:
“The uploaded design image is too small for this product type. Remedies include: uploading a larger design image, zooming out, using pattern repeat, or switching product types.”
The message will show up in red above the product wheel.
When this message is showing, you will not be able to launch the item.
We recommend the following actions to launch a good design successfully:
- Upload a larger file size. Please see the recommended file sizes per product type here.
- Zoom out -- use the slider in our Studio tool to zoom out until the error message disappears. Some files are so small that even when fully zoomed out, the image is still not good enough. In this case, please select another option to resolve the problem (e.g. 1, 3 or 4)
- Use the pattern repeat option. Tick the box with pattern repeat and use the slider tool to zoom in/out to repeat the image up to the level needed for a good print of that product type
- Switch to a different product type that requires a lower resolution file. Please find a simple table below to see the main categories of VIDA product based on file size needed.
|File Size||Product Size|
|Small||Jewelry, Glass Products, Candles, Small Leather Items including Passport Cover, Luggage Tag, Wallets,|
|Medium||Tops, Bags, Pillows, Clutches, Pocket Squares, Leather Notebook, Tapestries (Small + Medium)|
|Large||Modal Scarves, Merino Wool Scarves, Bottoms, Large Tapestry, Sheer wraps|
Please note that this is in addition to other “warning” messages showing up in the VIDA artist Studio. You might see other messages telling you to drag the artwork into the bounding box and make sure it is fully covered or the fact the product has no name yet. To make sure a product can be successfully launched, ALL criteria need to be met. It is possible to become stuck where zooming in to cover the bounding box will cause the gatekeeping validation and zooming out will trigger the bounding box validation. This is intentional.
In case you encounter issues where an item cannot be launched, please make sure you understand which warning message is causing it. Here are some examples:
- Is it the size of the file?
- Is it the fact the art is not in the bounding box?
- Is it the fact the bounding box is not fully covered?
- Is it because the product is not named?
If you need further assistance, please see related articles in our help center or you may also reach out to our customer service team via email at email@example.com, phone(18775298432) or live chat at www.studio.shopvida.com.