Q: Can I apply for a sales tax exemption?
Any customer or artist within the state of California who intends to resell VIDA products can apply for sales tax exemption -- all other states are exempt from these charges.
You may reach out to us via phone, email, or live chat to provide us with a downloadable copy of your Reseller's Certificate. The document must include the following information:
- Your name and address
- Your California sales tax license number
- A description of the item(s) you are purchasing
- A statement disclosing that the items will be resold. (Clearly state that the item(s) “will be resold” or are “for resale.” The state will not accept the terms “non-taxable” or “tax-exempt” on a resale certificate.)
- Your signature
**Please note that fraudulently using a resale certificate could result in penalties which may include:
- The tax due on the item(s)
- Interest on the taxes you failed to pay on the item(s)
- Cancellation of your sales tax permit
- A penalty of 10% of the tax owed on the item or $500, whichever is greater
- A 25% penalty for fraud or intent to evade the tax
***Lastly, if you are buying personal items and items you intend to resell, please pay for the transactions separately. If you need help with this step, please contact our customer service channels -- email us at email@example.com, call our hotline at 1-877-529-8432 or chat with us via www.shopvida.com.
If you are applying for a resale number and need VIDA’s CDTFA number and physical address, please see the details below:
VIDA’s Tax ID: 46-5218519
VIDA HQ Address:
VIDA & Co.
145 9th St., Suite 105
San Francisco, California 94103