Q: Can I apply for a sales tax exemption?
A: Any customer/artist within the state of California who intends to resell VIDA products can apply for sales tax exemption -- all other states are currently not charged.
You may reach out to us via phone, email or live chat and provide us with a downloadable copy of your Reseller's Certificate. The document must include the following information:
- Name and address
- California sales tax license number
- A description of the item(s) you are purchasing
- A statement that the items will be resold. (Important: Say that the item(s) “will be resold” or are “for resale.” The state will not accept the terms “non-taxable” or “tax-exempt” on a resale certificate.)
- Your signature
**Please note that fraudulently using a resale certificate could result in penalties which may include:
- The tax due on the item(s)
- Interest on the tax you didn’t pay on the item
- Cancellation of your sales tax permit
- A penalty of 10% of the tax owed on the item or $500, whichever is greater
- A 25% penalty for fraud or intent to evade the tax
***Lastly, if you are buying some personal items and some items you intend to resell, please pay for the transactions separately. If you need help with this step, please contact our customer service channels -- email us at email@example.com, call our hotline at 18775298432 or chat with us via www.shopvida.com.
We will let you know as soon as your resale certificate/permit has been verified, after which you may place your orders.
Q: I'm applying for a resale number and I need your CDTFA number and physical address.
VIDA's Tax Id is 46-5218519
VIDA HQ ADDRESS:
VIDA & Co.
145 9th St., Suite 105
San Francisco, California 94103