**Please note that any customer/artist within the State of California who intends to resell VIDA products can apply for sales tax exemption -- all other states are currently not charged.
Steps to follow:
1) Customer reaches out by email/ phone/ chat
2) Agent requests a printable, downloadable copy of the resale certificate
3) Agent verifies all details are complete:
- artist's/customer's name and address
- California sales tax license number
- A description of the item(s) they are purchasing
- A statement that the items will be resold. (Important: Say that the item(s) “will be resold” or are “for resale.” The state will not accept the terms “nontaxable” or “tax exempt” on a resale certificate.)
- artist's/customer's signature"
4) Agent saves a copy in the Dropbox folder:
Sheet to paste the link to the "Tracking Sheet" tab on:
5) Agent sends email to firstname.lastname@example.org and adds Dropbox link to copy of the certificate in the email
6) Agent receives confirmation from Maria
7) Agent ticks off box for sales tax in customer profile in Shopify
8) Agent informs customer to go ahead to place the order without sales tax with additional note at bottom of reply:
**Please note that fraudulently using a resale certificate could result in penalties which may include:
- The tax due on the item
- Interest on the tax you didn’t pay on the item
- Cancellation of your sales tax permit
- A penalty of 10% of the tax owed on the item or $500, whichever is greater
- A 25% penalty for fraud or intent to evade the tax
Please be advised that personal purchases should be done through a separate order.