Yes, you may apply for a sales tax exemption by following these steps:
- Contact VIDA Customer Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a clear copy of your CA reseller's certificate. Make sure all details are completely filled out, such as:
- Your name and address
- California sales tax license number
- A description of the item(s) you are purchasing
- A statement that the items will be resold. (Important: Say that the item(s) “will be resold” or are “for resale.” The state will not accept the terms “nontaxable” or “tax exempt” on a resale certificate.)
- Your signature
- We will verify the documents you send us within 48 hours. Once this step is complete, we will send you a confirmation that you will not be charged for state sales tax on your next purchase.
- You may now place your order!
**Please note that fraudulently using a resale certificate could result in penalties which may include:
- The tax due on the item(s)
- Interest on the tax you didn’t pay on the item(s)
- Cancellation of your sales tax permit
- A penalty of 10% of the tax owed on the item(s) or $500, whichever is greater
- A 25% penalty for fraud or intent to evade the tax
**At this moment, we do not charge sales tax for any state other than the state of California, so reseller certificates for other states are not applicable for this procedure. Also, please be advised that personal purchases should be done through a separate order.** For any questions about this procedure, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email at email@example.com, via live chat at www.shopvida.com or www.studio.shopvida.com if you are VIDA designer, or you can also call us at 18775298432.